At ElleVet, our goal is to create standards around the use of cannabinoids and animals. We partnered with Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine in a clinical trial to gather scientific data, better understand our product, determine accurate dosing, and find out if cannabinoid treatments are truly effective. The trial was a double-blind placebo trial on dogs with multi-joint discomfort. Dr. Joe Wakshlag conducted the pharmacokinetic study and the subsequent clinical trial.
The result? Almost every dog showed improvement.
We wanted evidence on dosing and efficacy so we could stand behind our product with the utmost confidence, and so veterinarians could trust our products. Today thousands of dogs take our product, and over 80% show significant improvement.
We are vet tested and endorsed.
ElleVet Sciences continues to invest in clinical research, with three additional trials underway. We also have multiple on-going field trials with practices and zoos, gathering data to support the proper use of hemp in animals.
We are committed to veterinary clinics.
The support and backing of veterinarians is crucial to ElleVet’s mission. Following the clinical trial, we tested our product in clinics across the country to gain feedback. The results were positive across the board.
Science Journal Studies:
- Pharmacokinetics of Cannabidiol, Cannabidiolic Acid, Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid and Related Metabolites in Canine Serum After Dosing With Three Oral Forms of Hemp Extract – September 2020
- Serum cannabidiol, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and their native acid derivatives after transdermal application of a low THC Cannabis sativa extract in beagles – July 2020
- The Use of ElleVet Sciences Calm & Comfort Acute Strength CBD+CBDA Chews for Stress Inducing Events in Dogs – June 2020
- Cannabinoid, Terpene, and Heavy Metal Analysis of 29 Over-the-counter Commercial Veterinary Hemp Supplements – March 2020
- Single-Dose Pharmacokinetics and Preliminary Safety Assessment with Use of CBD-Rich Hemp Nutraceutical in Healthy Dogs and Cats – October 2019
- Pharmacokinetics, Safety, and Clinical Efficacy of Cannabidiol Treatment in Osteoarthritic Dogs – July 2018
- Cannabis and endocannabinoid modulators: Therapeutic promises and challenges – September 2008
Interested in learning more?
Fill out the form below to speak with a dedicated sales partner, or schedule a lunch and learn!